This continuing education activity will highlight evidence-based education in rheumatology for advanced practice providers. The three faculty will review the pathophysiology of rheumatoid arthritis (RA) and psoriatic arthritis (PsA). An analysis of the latest clinical trial data for current and emerging RA and PsA therapeutics will be reviewed. Lastly, the faculty will discuss how to optimize the deployment of advanced practice providers into a collaborative healthcare team to meet the increasing needs of patients with rheumatic diseases. Upon completion of this activity, clinicians will gain better insight on how to treat patients with RA and PsA.
After completing this activity, participants should be better able to:
- Review the pathophysiology of RA and PsA
- Review the latest clinical trial data for current and emerging RA and PsA therapeutics
- Optimize the deployment of advanced practice providers into a collaborative healthcare team to meet the increasing needs of patients with rheumatic diseases
Nurses, NPs, and PAs who are involved in the care of patients with RA, PsA, and other related rheumatologic and inflammatory conditions
Joint Accreditation Statement
In support of improving patient care, AcademicCME is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Credit Designation Statement
AcademicCME designates this live material for a maximum of 1.25 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM.
AcademicCME designates this live material for a maximum of 1.25 CNE Contact Hours, including 1.25 pharmacotherapeutic contact hours (Provider number P0491).
This activity has been supported by an independent educational grant from Pfizer Inc.
Participants have an implied responsibility to use the newly acquired information to enhance patient outcomes and their own professional development. The information presented in this activity is not meant to serve as a guideline for patient management. Any procedures, medications, or other courses of diagnosis or treatment discussed or suggested in this activity should not be used by clinicians without evaluation of their patient’s conditions and possible contraindications on dangers in use, review of any applicable manufacturer’s product information, and comparison with recommendations of other authorities.
It is the policy of AcademicCME that all faculty, instructors, and planners disclose real or apparent conflicts of interest relating to the topics of this educational activity.
The faculty reported the following financial relationships or relationships to products or devices they or their spouse/life partner have with commercial interests related to the content of this CE activity:
Linda Grinnell-Merrick, MS, NP-BC: consultant/advisor: Amgen Inc., Celgene Corporation, Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Novartis AG, Pfizer Inc., Sanofi Genzyme, UCB, Inc.; speaker’s bureau: Abbvie, Amgen Inc., Celgene Corporation, Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Novartis AG, Sanofi Genzyme.
Katharine McCarthy, PharmD, BCACP has nothing to disclose.
Vickie L Sayles, MHA, BSN, RN-BC, CRNI has nothing to disclose.
Participants wishing to earn CE/CME credit must:
- Read the learning objectives, accreditation information and faculty disclosures at the beginning of this activity
- Complete the pre-activity questions
- Read or review the activity content
- Complete the post-activity test questions and evaluation
- Learners who receive a grade of 70% or better on the post-activity test questions and complete the evaluation will receive appropriate credit as indicated (CME, CNE, and/or CPE credit)
- CPE credit will be posted to the learner’s CPE Monitor profile within 60 days of completion
- CME and CNE credit will be issued appropriate certificate of completion.
- Others may request a "certificate of completion"
- Learners should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity
© 2020 Practicing Clinicians Exchange. All Rights Reserved. 99220AC