Tuesday, August 23, 2022
7:00 pm ET | 6:00 pm CT | 4:00 pm PT
In Collaboration With:
Gerontological AdvancedPractice Nurses Association
You can sign into the live webinar starting at 7:00 pm ET by visiting https://practicingclinicians.com/events/register/t2dm-webinar-august-23 Live Webinar Practicing Clinicians Exchange false
About This Accredited CE/CME Webinar
Join us for an interactive virtual live webinar featuring expert commentary and Q&A from a leading expert on the management of type 2 diabetes (T2D) in older adults. Learn how to individualize glycemic goals for older adults to minimize adverse events (AEs) and improve outcomes, as well as recommendations for therapy modifications, use of fixed-ratio products, and considerations for patients in long-term care facilities.
Live Webinar Details
When: Tuesday, August 23, 2022 · 7:00 pm · Eastern Time (US & Canada)
Where: Anywhere with internet access and a computer, tablet, or smartphone
Duration: 60 minutes
Who Should Attend: NPs and PAs in primary care
Credits: 1.00 ANCC contact hour; 1.00 AAPA credit
This program is intended for NPs and PAs that practice in endocrinology.
After completing this activity, participants should be better able to:
- Identify glycemic goals and therapies that minimize AEs and improve outcomes in older adults with T2D
- Apply clinical evidence for fixed-ratio combinations into the management of older adults with T2D according to guideline recommendations and patient factors
- Modify a T2D treatment and monitoring plan for an older adult in an long-term care facility with considerations for regimen complexity and AEs
- Adjunct Professor of Medicine
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Baltimore, Maryland
- Medical Director
- AdventHealth Diabetes Institute
- Senior Investigator and Diabetes Program Lead
- AdventHealth Translational Research Institute
- Orlando, Florida
- Nurse Practitioner
- Board Certified Adult Health and Advanced Diabetes Management
- President and Owner
- Diabetes Consulting Services
- North Bethesda, Maryland
- Co-Executive Director
- Capital Health & Metabolic Center
- Capital Diabetes & Endocrine Associates
- Camp Springs and Silver Spring, Maryland
Joint Accreditation Statement
In support of improving patient care, Partners for Advancing Clinical Education (PACE) is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
ANCC Credit Designation
Nursing contact hours: 1.00, which includes 1.00 hour of pharmacology credit
AAPA Credit Designation
Partners for Advancing Clinical Education (PACE) has been authorized by the American Academy of PAs (AAPA) to award AAPA Category 1 CME credit for activities planned in accordance with AAPA CME Criteria. This activity is designated for 1.00 AAPA Category 1 CME credits. PAs should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation.
This activity was planned by and for the healthcare team, and learners will receive 1.00 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credit for learning and change.
This activity is supported by an educational grant from Sanofi US.