Sign up to receive posts from The Exchange
Posted By: Debra A. Danforth, DNP, APRN, FAANP
October 08, 2021
National Physician Assistant Week is celebrated every year from October 6th through October 12th. The theme for 2021 is "PAs: You deserve all the applause!"
This week, there are many things you can do to applaud your PA colleagues:
- Connect with friends, colleagues, and students by sending a text, card, or social media message, etc. The AAPA has provided statements that you can post on social media and provided graphics to use during this week. Here are some examples for tweets and captions:
- I'm so proud to be joining such an important profession – happy #PAweek from a future PA! @AAPAorg
- Happy #PAweek to my PA colleagues! Thank you for all you do for patients and all the ways you add value to healthcare. @AAPAorg
- Participate in the Pacers for Health Challenge offered by the PA Foundation and complete a 30-day wellness challenge or 5K run/walk
- Sponsor a public health event
- Write an op-ed for your local paper
- Ask your legislators to issue a PA Week Proclamation
- Attend a FREE AAPA Virtual Career Fair on Tuesday, Oct 12th from 5-8pm. This is a great option for students or established PAs who are looking for a new private practice, group practice, or hospital position.
- Attend the virtual 2021 Physician Assistant Education Association (PAEA) Forum from Monday, October 11 – Friday, October 15
Pay it forward, every gift makes a difference.
Filed under: NPs & PAs